Buy for $16 000
A car is more than a vehicle to get you from one place to another. Over the course of your lifetime, a car will take you pretty much anywhere worth going. It will take you to work, where you provide for yourself and your family. It will shape some of the most important memories of your family. Having a car is a luxury, but it doesn’t have to be a financial liability. You have more options than just buying a car and committing to years worth of payments. Leasing is always that great big question mark outside of buying.
1. Repair savings: You can save a ton of money on repair bills by leasing. Leased cars are covered by dealership warranty in most instances, leaving you with a sure place to go for cheap or free repairs whenever something goes wrong with a leased car. This is part of the smoothness of leasing that reduces stress. You know you’re going to have a great car over the course of your lease and if something goes wrong, you’re covered.
2. Low monthly payments: Lease payments are lower than payments when you buy a car. That’s because when you buy a car, you’re financing the entire price of the car. This leads to some hefty monthly payments. This isn’t so with leasing and that’s a primary advantage. If you need to save money in a short-term period of your life, leasing is a great option.
3. Variety is the spice of life: When you lease a car, you can get a new car to drive much sooner than if you buy a car. Not many folks can go out and buy a used or new car in a short period of time. Leasing gives you great flexibility to drive many different cars over the course of a lifetime. Car enthusiasts will appreciate this asset.
4. Less money in the short-term: When leasing a car, you rarely have a down payment at all, just the first month’s leasing payment and at the end a disposition fee that covers clean-up of the car and any wear and tear. Buying is completely different. You can have a down payment that numbers in the thousands of dollars and this isn’t anything most folks can or want to deal with. If you need to budget and save money before you buy a car, leasing is a great way to keep yourself in a very nice car.
Buying isn’t necessarily a bad option for everyone and in some cases, it will be essential to select buying. Some of the following are reasons that buying might be for you.
1. You need to drive a lot: If you need to drive a lot, you’re going to want to buy. Set miles are sometimes a big problem for leasers. If you want the freedom to drive without paying penalties for driving too much, buying is the better option.
2. You have credit problems: Leasing will require a higher credit rating than buying. In some cases, even when leasing is the better financial option for you, you’ll have to buy because of the credit requirements.
3. You want a car to modify: Many people love to paint their cars and make adjustments to them. You can’t do these things with leasing. If you want a car to do with as you will, then buying is a good bet.
Deciding whether or not to buy or lease a car can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. If you have good knowledge about the leasing and buying options then you’re going to feel much better about any decision you make. Keep in mind that leasing is a great way to save money in the short-term, buying saves money in the long run, and how much you drive will play a huge part in which option is better. Fees for driving over mileage are a huge problem for leasers, so be aware of your driving habits before making the decision. If you’re not a heavy driver, want lower monthly payments, and love to change cars often, go with leasing.